Planning your aftercare is the next step on your journey.
Making plans now for your care after treatment will ensure your success in recovery.
As part of our individualized treatment, we offer aftercare planning for each patient tailored to their individual needs. We believe in you and your potential for success in recovery and we want to make sure that you have everything you need to take the next leap forward.
Planning Your Next Step
Following your initial residential treatment, you will need additional support for an extended period of time to ensure a successful recovery. The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women offers support for your aftercare.
Each patient is individually recommended for an outpatient program in the area. You will have an opportunity to learn about the program and enroll in one that is right for you. We will help you through the entire process.
For those returning home and living out of the area, we will connect you with local meetings, therapists, and outpatient programs in your area before you leave our program. We want to prepare you for your next step, even if you are far away.
Developing Life Skills
While in active addiction, it is not uncommon for other areas of your life to be neglected. During your time at The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women, while we focus primarily on your healing process, we also strive to help you develop skills for your life after treatment.
Such life skills include:
- Developing routines: Having daily routines is a critical life skill. Having daily routines in recovery can be life-saving. Learning to fill your day with activities that will support your growth and recovery and maintain routines can help prevent relapse.
- Managing your finances: Regardless of your financial situation, managing your income and expenses is an essential life skill. During your time with us, you will receive information about budgeting and managing your finances.
- Determining career goals: Becoming sober provides a unique opportunity to look at your career, evaluate your skills, and determine if any changes are necessary. We will help you make new goals for your career, education, or life by discussing your strengths and weaknesses and helping you create a plan for your future.
Support for Your Life
We know that this can be a difficult time for you and you may have challenging new needs that arise due to your substance use. Each patient will meet with a clinical staff member regarding their individual case management needs.
Many patients need help filling out Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms, making important phone calls, rearranging appointments, or understanding legal issues. We are willing to assist in any way that we can to help put your life in order again before you leave treatment.
Staying in Touch With Alumni
After leaving The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women, we like to stay in touch with our patients who have graduated from the program. Some of the ways we stay connected include:
- Alumni Facebook group: We use this group to stay in contact with former patients after they have moved on.
- Alumni meetings: We offer weekly meetings on Zoom for our alumni to touch base and see how things are going.
- Daily Facebook posts: We post daily on our Facebook Alumni page about recovery, learning, and growth for your inspiration and continued healing.
Why Is Aftercare Important?
Taking the next step on your recovery journey helps you maximize and maintain the gains you achieved during your residential treatment. You have come so far, and now you can do what it takes to reach the next level.
Enrolling in an outpatient program helps you avoid relapse and builds more strength and longevity in your healing from addiction. Aftercare extends your education and knowledge as well as the support you receive for your recovery.
Building Your Future One Step at a Time
Recovery is a journey that you take one step at a time. The first step is making the decision to become sober. After making it through detox, you take the step of residential treatment. From there, you continue your journey through an outpatient program.
Your journey will have many steps involving support from other sources. As you move forward, you can put your trust in those guiding you through the process and those around you who are there to support you. The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women will be here to guide you through your treatment process and beyond.
You will have the constant support of friends, family, therapists, and more as you move forward through your recovery journey. Put your trust in them as they help and support you one day at a time, one step at a time.
As you take steps to pave the way for your recovery journey, you build your future — one step at a time.
Make Sure You Choose a Program That Is Tailored to Your Needs
Many recovery programs only address aftercare as an afterthought. At The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women, we are invested in your aftercare because we know how important it is to your recovery.
Call us at (714) 581-3974 or contact us to get started on a recovery program that will equip you with the skills you need for success after treatment.