The Principles of The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women is a detox and residential treatment program designed specifically for women. Our emphasis is on education because learning is the first step toward self-awareness.
We believe that you already have the tools inside you to achieve sobriety; we help you use them.
What Is The Ho Tai Way?
Our program is based on Ho Tai, a Buddhist framework for understanding the world. We have based our philosophy around this framework through the lens of recovery. Within this philosophy, we emphasize the importance of respecting each other’s beliefs and being able to share worldviews.
Ho Tai focuses on four gifts:
These gifts are not goals to strive toward until we are exhausted; they are gifts to receive. You are worthy of all of these gifts, and we teach you how to receive them.
The Ho Tai Way interprets these gifts in recovery as:
#1. Prosperity: Living an addiction-free lifestyle
#2. Wealth: Having richness in quality of life
#3. Joy: Being able to express gratitude and make it a way of life
#4. Abundance: Broadening our mental and emotional horizons.
The Philosophy of Ho Tai Is About Learning to Receive
As women who are nurturers, professionals, partners, and friends, we often tend to be very good at giving to others, but we deplete our own resources because we are not as good at receiving. Perhaps we feel like there is strength in giving, but we can only give so much before we have nothing left. Addiction is one way that we might fill that void.
When we learn to receive in abundance, we give.
What we have in abundance we attract more of, but we must be humble enough to receive.
Prosperity, wealth, and abundance are terms we associate with money, but they encompass many things besides material wealth. They embody the relationship between receiving from others and then giving back.
Joy is a shared experience, and if given, it is also received. By learning to receive, we learn balance, and that void that we filled through addiction no longer needs to be filled with substances. This is the Ho Tai way.
“…Craving for alcohol was the equivalent on a low level of the spiritual thirst of our being for wholeness…” – C.G. Jung
Why the Approach of The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women Is Unique
Some programs are too limited. They shrink the whole person down to a universal procedure. Others focus on the spiritual or physical health aspects almost to the exclusion of the mind since these areas of your health have been the most neglected during addiction.
We believe in healing the mind, body, and spirit holistically. We believe that your mind is your strength in the healing process. We know that women are very intelligent, and we know that by allowing you to utilize your intellectual abilities as you go through spiritual and physical healing during treatment, you can achieve true balance through understanding.
We know from experience that by applying the framework of Ho Tai and combining it with education, you have the tools to achieve long-term recovery.
Why We Focus on Education in Recovery
At The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women, we have designed our recovery program for women with academic and professional backgrounds who embrace learning. We structure our classes to engage your mind and hold your attention.
Each group meeting has a clearly-designed goal. The facilitator keeps things moving so that you learn something from each session that can be applied to your recovery.
Our end goal is to allow you to return to your life and achieve success, but it is work. This is not simply about becoming clean or sober. It is about learning a new approach to life.
Learning Is the First Step Toward Self-Awareness
The Ho Tai Way – Recovery for Women will help you:
- Learn about yourself, so you know what has not worked in the past and what could work in the future
- Analyze who you are in your relationships – how this helps you, how it hurts you
- Discover what is inside of you that will lead you to success
- Put into place strategies so that you achieve long-term sobriety
The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women Mission
Through education and the application of practical life skills, we aim to develop self-awareness and insights through psycho-education and career-building through occupational wellness. We also strive to assist our patients in serving as productive members of the community via learning essential life skills.
- Trauma Therapy: Using modalities of somatic psychology and EMDR, trauma therapy aims to explore, make meaning of and heal underlying trauma that has triggered and sustained addiction and/or alcoholism.
- Psycho-Education: In our classwork, group work, and individual counseling, we develop self-awareness. Self-awareness gives us insight – the ability to truly evaluate the past, present, and future.
- Occupational Wellness: Together, we look at your career goals and address any needs or deficits. We establish plans for getting you back on track toward those goals. How we contribute to this world is part of our self-worth. As professionals, our careers are ways that we contribute to the good of the world.
- Practical Life Skills: We work on developing skills and routines that help you thrive in your daily life. We help you set up systems for managing finances, eating nutritiously, forming relationships, developing good sleep routines, and engaging our community.
Our recovery process engages your mind and works with your learning style.
The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women is a detox and residential treatment program designed specifically for women. Our focus on education and the four principles of prosperity, wealth, joy, and abundance can help you find meaningful and lasting recovery. Reach out to us to find out more about our principles.