If you or a loved one are struggling with prescription drug addiction, you are certainly not alone. Millions of Americans have found themselves in the same position without ever intending to. Now that you are here, finding the right treatment is important. There is no one-size-fits-all remedy for addiction. Every situation is as unique as the person seeking help, so creating an individualized treatment plan will consider that person's needs and experiences.
Finding Individualized Treatment for Women
If you did not intend to end up addicted to prescription medications, you undoubtedly did not plan to need to find residential addiction treatment, either. Again, you are not alone. Luckily, you are also around when treatment is evolving to meet the needs of individuals. You can find a treatment that is appropriate not only for women but for your individual needs as well.
Choosing a facility specializing in treatment for women means choosing a program designed for the specific needs women have in recovery, which is not always addressed in co-ed programs. Finding a program that tailors your specific treatment program to your individual needs means that you will receive individualized treatment that meets your specific requirements for your specific situation. Many facilities claim that they offer individualized care, but a smaller, more personal facility will be able to provide you with truly individualized treatment.
Elements of an Individualized Treatment Plan
An individualized treatment plan is derived from many elements. Each plan will begin with a detoxification period that will be specific to your needs. From there, you should be able to sit down and discuss your treatment options from a variety of elements, such as:
- Detox – the initial process of allowing your body to cleanse itself of all substances, the worst of which usually lasts from 3 to 10 days on average.
- Individual Therapy – your one-on-one time with a therapist will focus completely on your individual needs and may include a range of different treatment methods according to what works best for you.
- Group Therapy – an opportunity to interact with and learn from others in a group setting, using different treatment methods to help promote healing as a group.
- Coursework – education about addiction and recovery is crucial in healing from a prescription medication addiction, so coursework allows you the opportunity to learn about various aspects of addiction and treatment, including how to become independent again.
- Mindfulness Meditation/Yoga – these practices are key in learning to clear your mind and gain control over it again to help prevent relapse, but they are also crucial for reconnecting your body, mind, and spirit for complete healing.
- Medical Supervision – you should be assessed and supervised by a psychiatrist, who may sometimes prescribe Medication-Assisted Treatment to help with specific types of substance use disorders, or sometimes medication is also used to treat co-occurring disorders.
- Goal Setting – you will want to use some form of goal setting to create treatment goals and monitor your progress as you go along.
- Support Meetings – these meetings can be 12-step or other support meetings that allow you to learn more about recovery and develop a fellowship with others to help support your treatment and recovery.
Choices in Therapeutic Modalities
There are many different types of therapy or therapeutic modalities within psychotherapy. In most treatment facilities, you will see them broken down into two main categories:
- Evidence-Based Treatments – Therapeutic treatments that are well-researched and backed by scientific evidence for the treatment of addiction. Examples include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- Complementary Treatments – Therapeutic treatments that enhance other forms of treatment but do not yet have sufficient research completed to demonstrate scientific evidence of efficacy in the treatment of addiction. Examples include yoga, essential oils, and neurofeedback.
Having options from both categories is helpful in being able to create the most individualized plan for your treatment. Being able to choose the types of therapy that you are most comfortable with and are most effective for you will provide the most success in your healing.
Healing From a Prescription Drug Addiction
You are not alone if you have a substance use disorder due to taking a prescription medication. Throughout the year 2020, approximately 16.1 million Americans reported misusing some form of prescription medication. That is 5.8% of the population.
Now you have the opportunity to access the treatment you need to heal from your addiction. Take advantage of this time and make this opportunity count. Find the best-individualized treatment program for you and begin your healing today.
You may never have thought you would have an addiction to prescription medication, but millions of other Americans find themselves in the same situation. Finding individualized treatment for women can help you have the most success in treatment and recovery. Be sure to ask questions and find out what your options are. The Ho Tai Way – Recovery For Women is a detox and residential treatment center for women that offers individualized treatment plans for each woman in our program. We provide both evidence-based and complementary treatments so that you have plenty of therapeutic options and can find what works best for you. Our comfortable Costa Mesa, California facility is a peaceful haven for healing. We can help you find your way back from addiction and find harmony in your life again. How can we help you create your individualized treatment plan? Call us at (714) 581-3974 today.